Immediate Supported Accommodation (ISA) Program
Kingston East Neighbourhood Group (KENG) Inc. receives funding from the Queensland Department of Housing and Public Works to provide immediate, supported accommodation to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, with the aim of providing targeted support towards addressing barriers and creating pathways to sustainable, long-term housing.
KENG currently manages thirteen properties through the Immediate Supported Accommodation (ISA) program. The properties range from three-bedroom units to four-bedroom detached houses situated in the district of Logan City., Please note, the properties are not wheel chair accessible.
The KENG ISA team work collaboratively with our clients to support their transition from short-term accommodation to long-term, sustainable housing. Support is offered through a case management approach tailored to the individualised needs of our clients. The following are some of the services that can be accessed through the KENG ISA program:
- Initial and ongoing joint assessment of client needs and goal planning;
- Confidential, practical, and emotional support;
- Development of client skills to successfully sustain tenancies;
- Connection to parenting/childcare programs and support groups;
- Advocacy and assistance to link with specialist services including but not limited to:
- Mental health services, legal support, financial literacy programs, domestic and family violence support, addiction services & other mainstream services:
- Targeted, follow up support to clients exiting the ISA program..
The KENG ISA program operates as a Specialist Homelessness Service that aims to maximise a client’s capacity for independent living through a coordinated response.
For more information about the KENG ISA program, please call (07) 3808 1684 and ask to speak with a member of the ISA team. Alternatively, email inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Properties are provided by Queensland Housing
Please click below for any of these useful links for the Department of Housing and Public Works, RTA, Centrelink, Tenants Qld and realestate.com.au
Housing and Homelessness Services delivers a range of housing assistance to Queenslanders. Improving housing affordability, reducing homelessness and assisting Queenslanders to access the private housing market are key priorities.
The Residential Tenancies Authority is a state government statutory body that makes a positive difference to Queensland’s residential rental sector. The RTA provides tenancy information bond management dispute resolution, investigation, policy and education services.
Centrelink – https://www.humanservices.gov.au/
Tenants Qld – https://www.tenantsqld.org.au/