Kingston East Neighbourhood Group Inc. (KENG) recognises the valuable contribution to the service made by volunteers and actively encourages their participation.
Volunteering at KENG:
- provides the opportunity to use existing skills, develop new skills and increase self confidence, while having fun and meeting new people
- provides the opportunity for work experience and the gaining of written or verbal references for future employment opportunities
- helps develop a stronger sense of community and decrease in social isolation
- gives the volunteers an increased sense of worth and accomplishment from making a difference within their local community
- enhances the Centre’s ability to perform and maintain a range of services and programmes
All volunteers and workers are required to undergo a Queensland Police Criminal History check and a Working with Children (Blue card) check.
Are you interested in volunteering at KENG then email us now or contact the centre on 38081684 and ask about volunteering. For additional information on volunteering go to the Volunteering Queensland website.