Sometimes you may feel:
- That you would like support with parenting your children
- That you would like support with juggling your finances or maintaining relationships.
The Family Support Program can provide workers who will visit you in your home and support you and your family through the challenging times.
The service is free and you are in control of what service is offered to you. To take part, ring the family support worker or have another agency refer you to our service.
WHO ARE WE?
The Family Support Program has operated at the Kingston East Neighbourhood Group Inc. since 1992.
The Family Support Workers come to you in a caring supportive role and offer ongoing help in resolving personal and family issues.
Workers aim to assist families to set their own goals, make their own decisions, use their own natural abilities, and get in contact with community services that may be able to assist.
Your confidentiality will be respected at all times.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Family Support Workers bring with us our own life experiences and training that can help to develop life skills, we also offer emotional and practical support.
SOME of the ways we may be able to do that are:
- Help with new ways to cope with family issues including managing family routines and expectations.
- Work together with you to find out what is normal behaviour for your child/children at different ages.
- Support in attending appointments such as medical appointments, court, school, family group meetings..
- Discover new ways to help you with home management, hygiene, routines and cooking
- Work together to develop a budget that fits your income.
- Help you to discover resources in your community that will be useful for you.
- Provide an advocacy and liaison service to assist with difficult issues.
Just be there to listen and provide support.
For more information please speak to one of our Family Support Workers on 3808 1684.
Family Support Program is funded by the Department of Communities QLD