Transitional Supported Accommodation
• Strength-based practice.
• Short to medium term goals including affordable accommodation.
• Achieve positive outcomes.
• Personal and community support for all families.
Services provided are:
• Assessment and referral service to obtain secure and affordable accommodation.
• Joint planning and assessment of client outcomes which are achievable.
• Budgeting assistance and referral to a financial counsellor.
• Connecting to parenting/childcare programs and support groups at KENG and other community organisations.
• Advocacy and liaison with government and non-government agencies.
• To assist parents to use their strengths to achieve accommodation and personal outcomes.
• Confidentiality and emotional support throughout the program.
• Follow-up and support after leaving the program.
Kingston East Neighbourhood Group is a community based organisation, which provides support and accommodation for families in Logan.
Who is the accommodation for?
Families requiring temporary accommodation and support.
What accommodation is available?
Six houses and four units at a reasonable rental charge.
The average stay for houses is between three to six months. The average stay for units are long term.
• To prevent families remaining homeless;
• To assist families to access permanent accommodation;
• To encourage the integration of families into the community;
• To break the cycle of violence;
• To prevent where possible the break-up of the family due to children being taken into care;
• To improve relationships in the family through the learning of new behaviour skills;
• That parents / parent will enjoy parenting their children safely.
Please click below for any of these useful links for the RTA, Centrelink, Qld Dept Housing Bond Loans and realestate.com.au: