HIPPY (Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters)
What is HIPPY
The Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters (HIPPY) is a two-year, home-based early childhood learning and parenting program that empowers parents and carers as their child’s first teacher.
HIPPY is a free two-year early learning program.
HIPPY empowers carers as their child’s first teacher.
HIPPY helps children make a successful transition to school and beyond.
Benefits of HIPPY?
- Helps you as your child’s first teacher
- Helps children to be ready for school
- Builds self-esteem and confidence
- Families have fun learning together
- Strengthens links to your community
What HIPPY families receive:
- Free HIPPY storybooks and activity packs for all HIPPY children
- A regular time with a HIPPY Tutor
- Invitations to community events and HIPPY Group Meetings
HIPPY for me has been more than a program – it has given me hope. I have made new friends and I have built up my confidence with words and numbers.
To join our program or for further information, please contact our HIPPY coordinator Sarah on 3808 1684.
The Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters is funded by the Australian Government
“The Brotherhood of St Laurence holds the licence to operate HIPPY in Australia”