HIPPY (Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters)
What is HIPPY
The Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters (HIPPY) is a two-year, home-based early childhood learning and parenting program that empowers parents and carers as their child’s first teacher.
HIPPY is a free two-year early learning program.
HIPPY empowers carers as their child’s first teacher.
HIPPY helps children make a successful transition to school and beyond.
Benefits of HIPPY?
- Helps you as your child’s first teacher
- Helps children to be ready for school
- Builds self-esteem and confidence
- Families have fun learning together
- Strengthens links to your community
What HIPPY families receive:
- Free HIPPY storybooks and activity packs for all HIPPY children
- A regular time with a HIPPY Tutor
- Invitations to community events and HIPPY Group Meetings
My son graduated from HIPPY in 2016 and during his time with the HIPPY program he learnt many fundamental skills both emotionally and academically to prepare him for his first year of school. My 4 year old daughter has now been doing HIPPY for 3 months and since then she has learnt self confidence in writing her name and letters of the alphabet. As a family, HIPPY, has prompted a higher level of family interaction and engagement
HIPPY Parent 2017
To join our program or for further information, please contact our HIPPY coordinator Sarah on 3808 1684
or email: email@example.com
The Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters is funded by the Australian Government through the Department of Social Services
“The Brotherhood of St Laurence holds the licence to operate HIPPY in Australia”